Thursday, February 23, 2023

When Time is Soaking Wet

Time does not stop.

The Universe is spinning too.

The Flat Earth theory makes sense only if the world is in a bathtub.

We all know water seeks its own level

The question is, does time?


Water is racing toward the darkness

going down the well of a black hole

the Buddhist is meditating on

the emptiness 

meanwhile the Christian is full

of himself.


The Scientist is having tea

and looking at the numbers

spilling some on the counter

where it forms a bubble


I was talking in a car, to my coworkers

and I thought I came up with a good retort, I said,

"If the flat earthers think that the round earth can't be proven,

then they should have the same burden of proof placed on them,

ask them to prove the world is flat."

Yet it didn't receive the fanfare I felt it deserved,

this Zorro sword swipe of logic.

Alas.


Perhaps I will paint my name on the stars

with a sparkler on the beach.