Thursday, February 16, 2023

Spoonman and the Shovel

 I am deep, man.

Deep in a hole?

No deep like sophisticated, intellectual, heavy if you will.

What if I won't?

Won't what?

Buy in.

Buy into what I am not selling anything.

Well, not with money, but you want to buy my belief.

Your belief?

Yes if you're so smart you should get what I am saying, you want to have my money and my time, that's one thing, but my actual beliefs, well that's more expensive.

I thought it wasn't for sale.

So you ARE paying attention.

Of course I am, I told you I was deep (takes a drag and adjusts his hat), look over there.

I am not looking, I am keeping my eyes on you, man.

Well OK then, you think I am suspicious.

No, I know you are suspicious--and I know you want me to believe what you believe

What's so wrong with that?

I don't want to be like a lemming, just going with the group, I want to think for myself

Of course, and the only way to do that is to independently reach the conclusion that thinking like everyone else is the way to go.

No man. You say you're deep?

Yeah!

Well, you're so deep you just dug yourself into a hole. So deep that all you see is nothing. 

I see plenty!

All you see is the dirt around you, when you're that deep. No, I don't want deep, I want light. I want bright. I need a shining light, and sometimes that light shows you things you don't want to see (adjusts hat).

Like 40 watts bright?

Ha, no like 80 watts.

I can appreciate that.

So now you believe me?

No, I do agree with you though.

What's the difference between agreement and belief?

Plenty...Get a shovel.

Oh, I'll get a spoon! It's not that complicated.