Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Another Cup

A coffee headache comes on slow

drops like a velvet hammer

pounding just a little

a little passive-aggressive, the way he used to ask me questions

and just WAIT for the answer.

I refuse to be his cherry bomb pop tart punk ruby gumshoe apocalypse prevention cream.

I want to scream, "Go find another brass statue!"


I get so angry sometimes

I could just 


wait.

Another cup.


Light shines into my mind

calmly

sometimes my room

is like the inner workings

of a clock

quiet, with its colorful floor

and white ceiling

dancing in the sunlight

spinning like a dervish



wait.

Another cup.



This time the coffee came out thin

watery like an Americano. The radio is blaring

and the witch hunt is on

for another President

to lead the masses to the cliff

everyone is rushing

to the edge



wait.

The edge of the cup is overflowing.