Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Basket

He said knowledge is like water 

in a basket

in a leaking basket

was actually what he said

a leaking basket

knowledge is in a leaking basket

you must pass it on

pour it into another basket

Another basket

Yes another one

If the other basket is full

you can't pour the water in

so keep an empty basket on hand

yeah

He said we all built the country together

the labor and the intelligence

we all built it together 

there's no difference 

between your life and mine

He said we all built it

together

I told him

when I was trying to be witty

that he could wear a t-shirt that said

"I'm with /\

                 |

The arrow would be pointing up

Like "I'm with HIM"

but it's not a he, just the 'whole of existence'

that's what he would say

like he's with the sky


I find myself thinking

he must have

no time for these mortal things

material things

material world

yet 

I can't stay a tiny molecule

forever