Wednesday, June 30, 2021

CARPAL TUNNEL



Careless carpal tunnel tips my hat to the hedonistic viewpoints of my feral 
cats, drawn like sticky tar spooled into spider webs
careening cars down the alley
don't slow down
for speed bumps.

Geese flying laps to the powerlines, drink the destitution like its wine on a spiral
day, sling your arm into a trumpet and play
rock, scissors paper at least twice
keep it going
until you win.

Typing into the computer, I felt flat.
The day had just started to wear on me.
I squinted at the sun and felt the birds singing.
Where was the crystal ball?

Persistent people pleasing will launch your lurching soul into haywire
radio static, muscles make a myraid of strong singing voices
airplanes flipping through the sky
like flapjacks
cooking on the air.

Inside of my wrists
was the secret to the universe.
I just had to pull the cord
on the parachute.