Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Dark Poetry




I thought I'd write dark poetry

to take all my darkness and put it into line

but I didn't want my actual self to be dark, just the words.

I thought I'd take my cynicism and lay it out bare

but I didn't want to actually be cynical

I didn't want to actually not care.

Yet here I am brooding like a fool.


I thought I'd tell a white lie

to take all my darkness and cover it with a sheet

but I didn't want it to be the undertaker of my word, just a shield.

I thought I'd take my honesty and stir it in a pot

but I didn't want to cook it completely,

I would not be able to eat it.

So here I sit and nibble on the truth.


I thought I'd get a blue mood

to take all my rhythms and groove them into the dawn

but I didn't want to get a hangover, just to hang out.

I thought I'd sit by the window with my hand in my chin

but not let myself go completely.

I thought I'd let my imagination run

but I wasn't going for Olympic gold.



Featured Post

Human Hands

Praise the truth hold it up like Simba  but keep in mind it might be deep in your heart unable to be touched by human hands