Monday, May 1, 2023

To Hear the Sound of Thunder

/ I want nothing more than to hear the sound of thunder

to hear the sound of monks singing in a forest

while I lay down and listen

                  /                   /

feeling violets tickling my feet

as sunlight is scattered on my skull

to rise when I awake

/ / /

and follow the sound of the waterfall

rushing in its madness

then to fall safely down the rocks

///////////

and jump in and walk behind it

hearing the rocks quake

hearing the beautiful sounds

that only the earth can make

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

/////////////////////////////////////////

what is water? what is stone?

what is strength?

In raw power it is all the same


I want nothing more than to hear the sound of thunder/