Thursday, January 26, 2023

Starting a Band

I'm just a one man band

Oh is that what they call it?

Ha, yeah well I'd like to see one of those rounders play a tambourine

A tambourine?

Yeah, strapped to my goddam toe!

Well

Well, what, and they can't touch this. I got this contraption around me, so I can play washboard and accordion at the same time and how many places you see that?

Well, not ever not around these parts. Say, what kind of music do you play?

Like a tin can mostly. Like a tin can caught up in a windstorm.

Well they call me Tornado Girl, maybe you and I should start a band.

A band? Why do you say that, honey, now you look good but I am a ONE MAN band.

Well, I can play tambourine

I bet you can and shake the roof too, but you hasta understand me I travel a lot and it's no place for a lady

Who said I was a lady

Well you sure look like one, what do you think I am a fool?

No I told you I am TORNADO GIRL

Oh

And I say that's not to say I am not an actual tornado, like a wind goddess

Oh now you talkin crazy you taking that reefer?

No I just feeling breezy. I think we could do it, you know, start a band. I play the tambourine, free up your feet and you dance.