Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Blue Gill Blues



Dew on the side of a can of Coca Cola

Looking at the babies in the strollers

holes in the jeans of the holy rollers

on their knees from where they're praying

petting sleeping dogs as they are laying

just don't wake the dragon

keep the drinkers on the wagon

I've got my head in the middle 

of a magazine

reading about all the scenes

the silver screens and hills of dreams

paid in beans and what it means

is that if life don't break you 

then your mind will

shooting fish in a barrel

this time

cock the gun

and open

the holy grail

Huck Finn

you win

you got your pail

I'm the blue gill

Blurp

Blurp

Blurp.

Might as well skin me get me on the grill and eat your fill

the hook in my mouth won't make me shout

I just have to rethink

the whole problem

of 

worms

and freewill.


Image source: https://gfp.sd.gov/bluegill/