Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Ripped from the Notebook - "Galloping Ghosts - Unghost Me"

I have long wanted to do a series called "Ripped from the Notebook" with writings well, ripped from my old notebooks. This one is kind of stunning with some neat imagery...

Galloping Ghosts - Unghost Me

it was a police officer standing on the cement, his

shadow drawing a think black line in the heat


For what on earth are these times, our men, yet to be born

born jumping through hoops from their mother's wombs

to the moment in which all men are free

the moment which

the blind horse jumps from the rafters

into the reflecting pool

three stories below

where women are waiting

with outstretched hands

waiting for a wetter god.


Standing there in pajamas, she left me

much sooner than she should have

as I feel the earth like a horse

heavy and crumpled

and unable to lift myself up

they had to harness me

and carry me over the city like a hot air balloon


- Hannah Frank circa 2014