Sunday, September 12, 2021

The Future Missle

Way back in space time, blind to the pigs and the slaughtered rhymes

I found myself slipping into your black holes, wanting to go where I can't go

walking on the piano keys, hitting every black note.

Whispering through the trumpet tones when it blurted out the misanthropic

radio optics of my frequency frequently freeing me from my distress

you thought it was over I was reeling

spilling red thread from my retro dress

you had me so figured out every line in the sand

every moment of my life was a glass tower

but your dreams now are flattery

nothing no more power.

It's a future missle now, a plan of attack

a steroid pumping attitude to get your life back

I never meant to hurt you or cause you pain

why did you have to lock me up in this glass case?

I will burst out

break the glass

I will see you back

in class.

I'll be in the back with a sharpened pencil,

hanging on every word before launching skyward.